A Canada tourist visa also called a visit visa to Canada, is a temporary residence permit. It’s an official document that is attached to your passport to prove that you are qualified to enter Canada. As the name implies, the visa allows you to enter Canada for visiting, vacation, and tourism purposes.
Also, you’ll need this visa if you are transiting through a Canadian airport to your final destination. At the Port of entry into Canada, you need an officer to stamp it for you. However, you can stay for 6 months or less if you don’t have your tourist Visa stamped.
There are some requirements and qualifications you must meet to merit the Canada tourist Visa. Up Next is Canada tourist visa requirements and how to apply. And the requirements for minor children to migrate to Canada.
To apply for the Canada Tourist visa, you must meet the following eligibility:
- Have a valid travel Identification passport.
- You must be healthy
- Prove that you have no criminal records or immigration-related crimes.
- Letter of invitation or support
- Prove to an Immigration officer that you have means of returning to your country such as a job, financial security, or family.
- Prove to an Immigration officer that you’ll vacate Canada as soon as your time elapses.
- Have sufficient funds to take care of your staying in Canada. However, the amount of money that you’ll be needing depends on how long you wish to stay in a hotel with family or friends.
You will be required for the IME to meet the Canadian inadmissibility rules. The IME is simply running a series of medical checkups to confirm that you’re not infected by infectious diseases like tuberculosis or other deadly diseases.
However, a person with inactive tuberculosis is allowed into Canada for medical surveillance on arrival. This is to confirm if inactive tuberculosis has become active. If so, medical treatment and attention will be given to the patient to prevent it from being a danger to public health.
The purpose of this is to make sure that the public is safe around you. Also, to arrest the possibility that your health requirements will consume much of the health or social services in Canada.
The IME is up till October 6, 2024.
If you have already participated in the previous IME program dating from October 7, 2017. You will have to attach your previous IME number to your current application.
You can bypass undergoing another IME Procedure if you:
- have applied or you’re applying for permanent residence or temporary Residence.
- Have lived in Canada before.
- Have completed the IME exam in the last 5 years and
- The IRCC has confirmed that your medical status shows a low risk to Canadian Residence and public health.
The only doctors allowed to carry out IME are the Panel Physicians. These are approved by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Your private doctor can’t do it.
See some reasons you may be refused to enter Canada:
- criminal activity
- human rights violations
- organized crime
You can also be Inadmissible for:
- Security reasons
- Health Challenges
- Financial purposes
The auxiliary documents will be submitted with your Visa application. These documents depend on your purpose for travel. Here, we’re focused on visits and tourism. So the documents include:
- A colored copy of your valid passport or travel document that you’ll use to travel to Canada;
- Accurate family information if you’re traveling with family. Everyone 18 years and above must fill in these details;
- A document that validates underage Traveling to Canada. That’s if you’re migrating to Canada with an under 18
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the requirements to be eligible for Canada. Look up more requirements here:
In Canada, children below the age of 18 are minors. However, the same rules apply to them to enter Canada as a visitor.
Therefore, under 18s who attempt to enter Canada, traveling without an adult or legal guardians are taken seriously by the border service officers.
The call for the urgency of protection and a check on children who ran away from their parents.
You will be asked a series of questions if you’re traveling to Canada with an under-18 child/children. To avoid charges or worse due to being unable to defend yourself and the child, you’re advised to come with the required documents for validation.
The documents required for under-age children traveling to Canada are dependent on:
- If the child is traveling alone
- If the child is traveling with one parent
- If the parents are divorced and both of them have custody of the child
- If the parents are divorced and one of them has custody of the child
- If one of the parents is dead
- If a minor child is traveling with a legal guardian or adoptive parents
- If a minor child is traveling with a person other than their parents or legal guardian
- If the minor child wants to study in Canada.
The child to provide:
- their passport: A parent’s passport won’t be accepted even if the child’s name or details are on it.
- a photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
- An authorization letter in English or French. This letter should be signed by the child’s legal guardians. The information should include:
- the legal guardian’s address and telephone number,
- and the name, address, and telephone number of the adult that will have custody of the child in Canada.
The parent should present:
- the child’s passport
- a duplicate of the child’s birth certificate.
- A letter of authorization, in English or French. This document must be signed by the parents that are not traveling with them. And must include:
- the address and telephone number of the parent who is not traveling
- a photocopy of his/her signed passport or national ID card
The parent traveling with the child should bring:
- Copies of the legal custody documents.
- A letter of authorization from the other parent who has permission to take the child on international trips.
The parent should sign a letter of authorization, and a copy of the custody decree.
The parent traveling with the child should present a copy of the deceased death Certificate.
The child should present a copy of the guardianship or adoption Certificate.
The adult who travels with the child that’s not a legal guide should present written permission from the parents or legal guardian of the child.
The permission letter should contain:
- The addresses and telephone numbers of the parents or legal guardians can be reached.
- A photocopy of the parents’ or legal guardian’s
- A signed passport or national identity card should be attached to the letter.
The documents don’t need to be certified. It’s accepted if the above criteria are met.
For the case of studying in Canada, a minor child must apply for a study permit and meet the requirements. This won’t be treated here.
When all the eligibility is met, it’s time to apply. However, before you apply, make sure of the following:
- Prepare the documents you need for a visitor visa. (as listed above)
- Make sure you do your biometrics: fingerprints and photos. Biometrics is necessary if it’s your first time applying.
- Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visitor visa
- Apply online:
- Create an account
- Upload your documents
- Pay your fees
- Give your fingerprints and photo: see more about biometrics here
How fast your Visa is processed is dependent on the completion of the required documents and eligibility. If you present incomplete application details, your application will be sent back unprocessed.
If you meet all the requirements your application will be approved, and you’ll be contacted to send your passports for further processing.
You’ll have to follow the instructions that you’ll receive after you’ve sent your passport.
Make sure you bring the documents that you used during the visa application also, with the supporting documents to the border services officer on arrival in Canada.
Your passport and other authentic documents will be returned to you. However, the Original bank statement won’t be returned to you and any fake documents.
Anyone that wishes to migrate to Canada must apply from outside Canada before their immigration.
Helping a friend or family migrate to Canada depends on:
- the type of travel document that they have
- Is the issuing country of the documents accepted in Canada?
- The nationality of your friend or family.
- Their means of migrating to Canada
Before applying, you must know the type of document that they need.
In the case of the Canada Tourist Visa Requirements and How to Apply, you may need to write them a letter of invitation to help with their visa application process. However, this is not a guarantee that your friend will get a visa.
A visitor’s visa also called a temporary resident Visa or generally nicknamed the tourist visa, is a legal entry permit into Canada for foreigners to stay for a space of 6 months.
When the tourist visa is acquired:
- The Visa will be stuck in your passport to show that you’re qualified to enter Canada.
- It carries the date that you must arrive in Canada.
- You’ll be given a visitor visa when your first application for a work or study visa is approved.
A visitor’s statement issued to you by the border service officers determines how long or short your stay in Canada will be.
You have to tell the border officer how long you wish to stay in Canada and they’ll approve based on a competent judgment from the officer.
The Border service agency or the Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canadaare responsible to offer the Visitors record.
Also, you’ll be given a visitor record if your application to extend your stay or restore your status is approved.
You should apply for the visitor record:
- If you’ll exceed 6 months in Canada on your first time at the port of entry and
- You must apply at least 30 days before the expiration of the current stay.
- It’s not attached to your passport.
- It has an expiry date, which is the day you must leave Canada.
Learning about the Canadian tourist visa requirements and how to apply may send ice down your spine. But it shouldn’t. That’s why you have travel firms designated to Canada to help you out. Don’t forget with the right knowledge come easy results.
Canada is decked with opportunities for all races.
It’s rewarding if you take the time to put all the eligibility requirements and documents in place. This will speed up your Visa application process. And boosting your overall chance of migrating to Canada.
My motivation: the tougher it seems, the higher it lifts. It must be as tough as stairs to elevate. Good luck.